Go-Lectric(Pty) Ltd will be referred to as “Go-Lectric”.
Go-Lectric may use certain types of information about the visitors to our website and store, our customers, including their legal representatives (if applicable), prospective customers, participants in our contests, prize draws, promotions, surveys or events and persons who request to receive information about our products and services. This policy sets out what information we collect and how we use it.
We may collect your
- Name and contact details,
- IP address,
- Job title,
- Credit card number and financial data,
- Driving license and identity cards,
- Personal interests
- Other information that you voluntarily provide, sales orders and history, information related to your motorcycle, accessory products, warranties, guarantees and repairs.
You may provide information about you directly to us or we may collect it when you contact us directly, normally via our website https://www.go-lectric.com/contact when you place an order, make an enquiry, contact us with a question or concern, participate in a contest, promotion, survey or event or visit our store.
We may also collect information from affiliate entities, selected business partners and occasionally from other third parties and may combine this information with the information we already have about you.
Purpose & use
We may collect and use information about you for one or more of the following purposes:
- to provide Electric motorcycles, products and services you have ordered or asked for, to process and fulfil your orders and to exercise or comply with our contractual or statutory rights and obligations, including with respect to guarantees and warranties (if applicable), billing and shipping;
- to provide information or quotes you requested and to respond to your queries;
- to review and qualify you for financing, if you are interested;
- to improve the quality of our website as well as our and Go-Lectric products and services;
- To learn more about your product and service preferences and to personalize and enhance your experience and our as well as Go-Lectric products and services based on your personal profile;
- to administer and conduct contests, prize draws, promotions and events;
- for advertising and to provide and update you with news and information about our Go-Lectric products, services, contests, prize draws and promotions, unless you told us that you do not want to receive such marketing messages, and occasionally for surveys, analysis and market research;
With whom do we share information about you?
We may share information about you for any of the aforementioned purposes with:
- Go-Lectric (Pty) Ltd and its subsidiary and affiliate entities and their business partners who provide branded Go-Lectric (Pty) Ltd products or services;
- Service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as most IT providers and mail services;
- our business partners, such as marketing agencies, or other parties if you sign up for their services.
We may also share your information with third parties, including law enforcement agencies and courts, for legal or regulatory purposes, if we sell our business or for the purpose of preventing fraud.
Do we transfer information internationally?
Some of the third parties with whom we share information about you are located outside the European Union in countries that do not provide the same level of protection as in our country. However, we have taken safeguards to protect the information so transferred.
This website may contain links to third-party sites. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by those sites. We recommend that you review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites to understand how they collect and use information about you.
When you provide us with your contact details, you may be given the opportunity to receive various newsletters and other promotional communications from us and/or Go-Lectric (Pty) Ltd. and its subsidiary and affiliate entities. These communications may include, for instance, details about the latest Go-Lectric products and services, including special offers in which you may be interested. You can easily unsubscribe or request to be removed from our active list of marketing recipients or change your marketing communication preferences at any time by following the unsubscribe link and/or instructions in the marketing messages you receive or by contacting us.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of sixteen (16) without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If you are under 16 please do not provide us with information about you unless your parent or guardian permitted, you to do so.
How can you gain access to and modify the information we hold about you?